Welcome to Bateleur Kruger Safaris
Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger, South Africa
The 3500 hectare Bateleur property is located in the heart of the world renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, an exceptional safari location. All artificial barriers between the Timbavati and the adjacent Kruger National Park have been removed and the Bateleur property itself shares unfenced borders with Kruger.
On this exclusive property we proudly offer Bateleur Main Camp, an 8-bed up-market Safari Camp, and Bateleur Mobile Camp, a very rustic tented safari camp for 4-18 people which is pitched in a different location for each group booking. This prime wilderness area boasts the Big Five, a large diversity of antelope species, the entire range of smaller predators, over 500 bird species, and a tremendous diversity of reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
Bateleur’s traversing area extends over 10 000 hectares of the Timbavati Reserve.
Upmarket Safari Camp
> Ideal for couples, singles and small groups of 2-8 people
> High quality Timbavati game lodge experience
Private Camping Safaris
> Ideal for groups of 4-18 people travelling together
> Rustic private safari providing an up-close encounter with the African bush & wildlife
What makes Bateleur Unique?
- Both camps are located on a private 3500 hectare Timbavati property where vehicle density is so low, that guests may encounter no other people for the duration of their stay.
- The property has such a prime location that the average sightings of wildlife and birdlife are amongst the very best commercially available in the Greater Kruger
- The full 10 000 hectare traversing area includes other properties on the same radio frequency which greatly increases the chance of quality wildlife sightings
- Bateleur Main Camp accommodates maximum 8 clients per night which only enhances the exclusivity already provided by its remote location on such a prime property
- Bateleur Mobile Camp accommodates one group at a time in a separate area of the same prime property, achieving the same level of exclusivity and an even greater feeling of remoteness
- The included activities of bushcraft, spider & scorpion module, and basic astronomy all add exceptional value that will exceed expectations
- For additional cost, incredible optional extras are also offered on the property, such as interactive reptile demo; tribal dancing; rhino microchipping